Our client, the world’s largest prime label and packaging supplier, is looking for a Senior Human Resources Manager!
The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for staffing according to business need, plant payroll, sustaining critical HR programs and overall talent management. This role will partner with the Plant General Manager to ensure that any broader initiatives include the appropriate HR considerations. The Sr HR Manager must have a working technical knowledge of all relevant labor and employment regulations, excellent communication skills and a strong motivation to advance Multi-Color’s Core Values and culture. The Sr HR Manager in Multi-Color will focus in several key areas, including:
Having the right people in the right place at the right time
The Sr Manager, Human Resources will leverage talent acquisition tools to fill open requisitions as well as prospect for strategic people needs. This role will work closely with local staffing agencies to fill temporary positions within their plant(s) as well as be primarily responsible for all hourly direct hiring. The HR Manager will also be a critical contributor in selection processes for Plant management roles. Part of ensuring proper staffing also includes implementation and maintenance of a variety of labor forecasting tools and “after the fact” reporting (e.g. turnover) to understand future labor needs as well as understand why/where Multi-Color is losing existing talent. Developing our managers and HR team to succeed in an environment that is continuously improving
In addition, this role will also play a leadership role in executing the Multi-Color talent identification and succession planning process (also called the “People Plan”). The Sr Manager will lead this process for their plant, including calibration and also work with the HR Director to aggregate People Plan data and present internal key talent as part of slates for new openings within their segment. The Sr HR Manager must also be influential in deploying an individual development planning process as well as our performance management process. This role will also lead a semi-annual Talent assessment within their segment whose goals are to assess current enterprise training offerings and also identify needs and programs for the coming year. The Sr Manager, Human Resources must finally ensure that all progressive discipline and policy matters are executed in an appropriate manner in accordance with labor and employment rules and also our company policies.
The Sr Manager, Human Resources will play a key role in ensuring execution of our company onboarding
strategy and also provide feedback for ongoing continuous improvement in our onboarding program. The
Sr HR Manager will monitor, drive and help improve any number of two-way associate communication
avenues including Town Hall meetings, monthly plant-wide meetings, new hire meetings and feedback
“roundtable” meetings. The Sr HR Manager will ensure that his/her respective segment is attentive to our
annual “Speak Up” associate feedback survey including making sure that all associates have the
opportunity to complete the survey and also making certain that his/her plant(s) complete action plans
aimed at improving overall culture which will be measured by survey results.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned plant(s) are staffed appropriately to labor planning. This includes initiating the requisition approval process, advertising, screening resumes, interviewing, ensuring management involvement in the selection process, and offer approvals. Enabling the plant to be resourced to meet production demands is a primary responsibility of this role. The Sr HR Manager will also interview exempt and other senior hires when necessary.
- Lead and continuously improve our enterprise-wide Onboarding program with an objective of ensuring all new hires receive a proper introduction to the company, their location and their job throughout their first 90 days.
- Manage the Objective Setting and Performance review process throughout the year to ensure that all associates receive objectives and performance feedback throughout the year.
- Work with local management team and the HRIS team in Corporate to ensure the maintenance of the HCM and payroll tools including weekly payroll process; ensure HR events are properly and timely recorded in the HR system.
- As part of the plant leadership team, ensure a safe work environment where accidents are
- prevented where possible and any injury/incident is handled with the associate’s well-being as the top priority and then addressing worker’s compensation administration and the root causes and countermeasures to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, cost, etc. This role must be comfortable utilizing technology in order to aggregate and analyze data in order to make factbased decisions.
- Work with the HR Director and Plant Manager to ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements, expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluation optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Interact seamlessly with peers in the HR department but also cross-functionally. Coordinating decisions and communications across multiple stakeholders within the plant is an important responsibility of this position.
- Manage and direct local compensation wage surveys, market equity proposals and the annual merit process.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration to ensure associates are paid timely and accurately, and are provided benefits they elect. This should also include management of various LOAs including STD, FMLA, etc.
- Translate various HR documents from English to French or from French to English from time to time as requested.
- Assists plant management in the annual review, preparation and administration of wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel with the authorization of the Director, Human Resources, as appropriate.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications. The Sr HR Manager must be comfortable challenging assumptions and having the courage to stand-alone when it is appropriate while also maintaining productive and sustainable partnerships with other leaders in the organization.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Role models our Core Values and Code of Conduct and coaches and communicates the same across their segment including their HR Manager team.
- Travel will be intermittently required in order to provide field training and attend ad hoc meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the first line of contact for managers, supervisors and field HR and assists them in ensuring that their payroll inquiries have been thoroughly resolved in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Reviews timesheets after manager approval to check for missing or inconsistent information, and communicates with supervisor and field HR, collaborating to clarify and correct as needed.
- Manages the site level responsibilities for timely and accurate multi-locations, weekly, and bi-weekly payroll process, ensuring compliance with all internal policies and practices.
- Review and verify punch in-out timecards for hourly employees, overtime and unapproved time-off requests prior to processing payroll.
- Process all employee related changes such as new hires, terminations and salary adjustments, ensure retroactive adjustments are entered accordingly.
- Process all wage increases, commission and bonus payments and other types of compensation activities.
- Conducts individual payroll and time and attendance training with supervisors and managers.
- Research and correct issues found during processing. Determine root cause for recurring errors.
- Counsels and assists supervisors and managers concerning timesheet management, time entry inputs, proper labor recording, and various policies regarding labor input.
- Partners closely with the HRIS/Payroll Team to resolve issues regarding payroll processing (i.e., garnishment resolutions, union dues, and various taxing authorities) and communicates and coordinates with the field and HRIS/Payroll in meeting new or changing needs.
- Consults with HRIS/Payroll and other leaders to identify opportunities for improvements. Implements counter measures to improve accuracy and process efficiency.
- Review and validate data flow reporting for accuracy from HR system into payroll system.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate final reports for approval.
- Respond to verification of employment, and other wage data inquires.
- Assist with implementation of company-wide payroll initiatives.
- Assist with preparing audit requests.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Audit payroll to maintain integrity.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain an effective working relationship with cross functional departments.
- Communicate key changes and payroll status.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related discipline is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience (more experience required if no undergraduate degree). Preferred experience in manufacturing and also in managing HR in multiple-site, 24/7 operation(s).
- Working knowledge of regulatory, legal and statutory rules governing employment and labor law.
- Payroll experience and knowledge of payroll software is beneficial, specifically Ceridian Dayforce
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High energy level and ability to marshal resources to accomplish projects, tasks and change initiatives
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to build effective working relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion and integrity.
We welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our corporation is an equal opportunity employer.